MA206 Heritage Hall, 1301 16th Avenue N.W.
Tel: (403) 284-8852
Toll Free: (877) 284-7248
Fax: (403) 284-7386
|SAIT Polytechnic was established in 1916 as North America’s first publicly funded technical institute. Recognized as Canada’s premier polytechnic, we welcome students from around the world. Our high tech campus is located in the heart of the Canadian west in Calgary, Alberta. This city is a one hour flight from Vancouver and is close to some of Canada’s most spectacular national parks. SAIT offers certificates, diplomas, and applied bachelor degrees to students who want a high quality, post-secondary education. The 9,500 full-time students in our programs include more than 1200 international students from over 125 countries. The International Centre provides all necessary services for international students in order to help them adjust to life at SAIT and in Canada.|
Top 10 reasons to select SAIT:
- Quality Canadian education.
- Academic English Language program.
- Eligibility for up to three-year work permit after graduation.
- Eligibility for off-campus work permit during studies.
- Centres of technology development.
- Hands on education.
- Wide range of career oriented programs.
- 2 residences on campus.
- University transfer after completing diploma programs.
- Graduate employment rate of 95%.
The International Centre is the hub of activity and services for all international students. It was created to help international students adjust to SAIT and to life in Canada. International students have access to all student services at SAIT as well as a number of additional services offered by the centre: academic advising, admissions, airport greeting, bookstore and computer store, campus health services, chaplains, cultural counselling, health care advising, housing (homestay and on-campus residence), orientation, international student room, Internet access and e-mail address, job search assistance, Learning Skills Centre, personal counselling and referral, pre-departure assistance, recreational facilities, restaurants, study and work permit issues, volunteer opportunities, and more! Contact the International Student Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your travel plans, questions, requests for airport pick up, or information about accommodations.
|Areas of Expertise|
|SAIT offers over 60 Applied Bachelor degree, diploma, and certificate programs in a wide variety of areas:|
- Baccalaureate Degree - Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting) NEW!
- Business: Bachelor of Applied Business Administration, Business Administration (Majors in Accounting, Financial Services, Marketing, and Management), Administrative Information Management, Legal Assistant.
- Hospitality and Tourism: Hospitality Management, Travel and Tourism, Baking and Pastry Arts, Professional Cooking, and Meat Operations and Management (Fast Track Program).
- Construction: Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information Systems, Architectural Technologies, Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, Geomatics Engineering Technology, Process Piping, and Drafting (Fast Track Program).
- Energy: Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering Technology, Chemical Laboratory Technology, Energy Asset Management, Electrical Engineering Technology, Environmental Technology, Instrumentation Engineering Technology, Oil and Gas Production Accounting, Petroleum Engineering Technology, Power Engineering Technology, and Process Operations.
- Health and Public Safety: Dental Assisting, Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Medical Technology Paramedic, Health Information Management, Health Information Office Assistant, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Transcriptionist, Nutrition for Healthy Lifestyles, Pharmacy Technician Retail, Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant, and Sterile Processing Technician.
- Information and Communications Technologies: Bachelor of Applied Technology Information Systems, Broadcast Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Digital Graphics Communications, Electronics Engineering Technology, Exploration Information Technology, Film and Video Production, Journalism, Library Information Technology, New Media Production and Design, Radio/Television and Broadcast News, Information Technology (Majors in Computer Systems, Software Development, Network Systems, and Telecom Systems).
- ICT Fast Track programs: Technology Infrastructure Management, Network Systems Analyst, Database Administrator, Database Associate, Object Oriented Software Developer, and Network Technician.
- Manufacturing and Automation: Mechanical Design Technology, Automated Systems Engineering Technology, Machinist Technician, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and Welding Engineering Technology.
- Transportation: Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Aircraft Structures Technician, Automotive Service Technology, Avionics Technology, Business Administration Automotive Management, Diesel Equipment Technician, Introduction to Automotive Maintenance, and Railway Conductor.
- Academic Foundations: Offered to students who need to improve prerequisites for a SAIT program, have not yet decided on a program, or are on the waitlist. Some upgrading courses offered are Math, Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), English, Computer Basics, Keyboarding, and Portfolio Building.
- English Language Foundations: SAIT’s English Language Foundations (ELF) program provides English language upgrading for students whose first language is not English. It is designed for students with intermediate English level to develop the English skills needed for success in academic study at SAIT.
To apply, send a completed application form, high school transcripts (translated into English), and payment for the non-refundable initial fee of $200.00. Upon arrival at SAIT, you will be tested on the CLBA (Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment) for accurate placement within the program. It is important that you arrive at least two weeks before the beginning of classes to take the test and register for the classes.