Welcome Page Elementary/secondary schools Undergraduate Schools Graduate/Professional Schools Language Schools Online/Distance Request Info Visa Info About Canada
Log In

Visa Info

Canadian Embassies Around the World | Working in Canada

PassportInternational students interested in studying in Canada should ensure that they are familiar with the rules and processes involved in coming to Canada to study. The best and most accurate source for information is the Canadian federal government. The federal government runs Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) - which links immigration services with citizenship registration and is responsible for and admitting immigrant, foreign students, visitors and temporary workers.

The department of the federal government formerly known as International Trade Canada has been split into two separate departments. The department now responsible for Culture, Education and Youth is Foreign Affairs Canada (FAC).


Who Needs a Study Permit?

Information for Foreign Students

Work Opportunities for Foreign Students

Application to Study in Canada Study Permits

Visa Offices

Countries and Territories Whose Citizens Require Visas in Order to Enter Canada as Visitors

Information for Institutions and Organizations

Temporary resident visa: For persons from designated countries who wish to visit Canada for a temporary purpose. Find out more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/inadmissibility.asp#trp.

Visa: A visa is permission issued by a country for you to enter that country.

Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant): A person who has been granted the right to live in Canada permanently by immigration authorities, but who has not acquired Canadian citizenship. Entitled to all the rights of a citizen except the right to vote.

Citizen: A member of a nation, either by birth or through naturalization.

University of Toronto: Ontario Institute for Studies in Education - Teacher Education Programs e-Tour(TM)
© 1995-2014 EDge Interactive. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.